If you’re looking to get into a new hobby, drones are a great option. However, there is a wide range of quality and price for drones, with the best drones, like the newly released DJI Mavic Pro($999). Not everyone has that kind of budget for a hobby, but there are some great drones for sale. Let’s keep checking.
1. DJI Phantom 3 Professional
The DJI Phantom 3 is one of four models in DJI’s Phantom 3 line. (The other three are the Advanced, 4K, and Standard.)and the Phantom 3 is already gaining a lot of respect from drone enthusiasts. It currently holds a 4.6 out of 5.0 star rating on Amazon. The majority of customers are praising the video quality and how easy it is to use, which is why we consider it one of the best drones for sale. This drone has full 4K UD video recording with fully stabilized 3-axis gimbal. DJI’s Lightbridge digital streaming allows users to view their stream in 720p while it is still recording in 1080p. The drone also has what the company calls a Vision Positioning system, which allows for stable flight indoors when a GPS signal isn’t available. The Phantom 3 uses the DJI Pilot app, making it very easy to fly.
- Easy to fly.
- Very stable in the air
- Smooth video capture, even during motion
- 20mm wide-angle lens
- 4K video capture
- High-quality Live View feed
- 23 Minutes of Flying Time
- Fantastically designed new controller
- Intuitive Smartphone app
- Live stream to YouTube
- Unprecedented Safety features
- Remote Uses a Charge, Not External Batteries
- Battery life limits flying time.
- Wide-angle lens shows some edge distortion.
2. Parrot Bebop 2.0
The Parrot Bebop 2.0 is Parrot’s upgraded version of the popular original Bebop drone.
The Bebop 2.0 is one of the top all around drones for sale with a camera. The 2.0 offers a whopping 14 megapixel full HD 1080p image and video capture, and the camera gives you a 186-degree field of view.
Full-digital image stabilization technology allows you to take stable and clear aerial footage regardless of the Bebop drone’s movements. The lens is also splash and dust proof.
Their Freeflight 3 mobile app also lets you control the quadcopter, adjust settings, and take pictures/videos straight from your mobile device.
- Stable 1080p video
- Safe to fly indoors
- Capable of performing aerial rolls and flips
- Controllable via tablet or phone
- Optional remote control available for purchase
- Supports Raw and JPG image capture
- Limited flight time
- Not the most stable drone in the air
- Indoor video footage is noisy
- Remote control is expensive
3. DJI Phantom 4
The DJI Phantom 4 is a small quadcopter that measures about two feet from wing-to-wing and weighs 3 lbs. A 5,350 mAh (milliAmpere-hour) Intelligent Flight PH4 battery powers the aircraft’s electronics, four motors, and camera. The Phantom 4 has a non-detachable camera that puts out 12+ MP (MegaPixel) photos and 4K UHD (Ultra High-Definition) video. The Phantom 4 flies up to 45 MPH and as long as 28 min. The Phantom 4 camera shoots 1080p in slow-motion 120fps (frames per second).
The Phantom 4 also uses advanced satellite navigation and hi-def live streaming. The US Global Positioning System (GPS) and Russian GLObal NAvigation Satellite System (GLONASS) can geo-locate the Phantom 4 anywhere on the globe. Even better: DJI’s integrated “Lightbridge” system allows the aircraft to live-stream HD video to a user from over a mile away. See more about how the Phantom 4 stacks up to its predecessor at our Phantom 4 vs Phantom 3 page.
- Easy to fly
- Extremely stable
- Obstacle avoidance
- Incredible operating range with 720p Live View
- Return-to-home and other safety features
- Automated flight modes
- High-speed Sport mode
- Smooth 4K video capture
- 20mm wide-angle lens
- Subject recognition and tracking
- Raw and JPG still capture
- True mission planning requires third-party app.
4.Parrot AR Drone 2.0
The Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 is a quadricopter you control with your smartphone or tablet. The AR.Drone features two built-in cameras, is easy to fly, and can be controlled without too much danger of it flipping over or smashing into things. If you want a satisfying flying toy that can take photos and (silent) videos and makes you feel like a gadget genius for controlling it with your mobile device, the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 is a dream toy.
You can record whatever the AR.Drone 2.0 sees through its forward- or down-facing camera in 720p quality. The mobile app handles all recording and storage, so any video or photos you take are automatically added to your smartphone or tablet; the drone doesn’t have any onboard storage. It doesn’t record sound, because the drone’s rotors would drown out any audio it could capture. Video quality is decent indoors, but don’t expect anything better than what you’d shoot with an inexpensive smartphone.
- Fairly easy to fly and perform stunts with.
- Camera function is fun.
- Mobile apps are useful and functional.
- Short battery life like most remote-controlled flying toys.
- Requires a smartphone or tablet.
- Physical controls are only available with an Nvidia Shield.
5.DJI Inspire 1 V2.0
The DJI Inspire 1 is bigger and offers a full 360° camera rotation, providing an unrestricted view of the world below. It’s 3-axis gimbal and camera system can easily be removed from the aircraft for safe transport and future upgrades.
Because DJI offers different camera systems (like the Zenmuse X3, Zenmuse X5, Zenmuse X5R, Zenmuse XT, etc.), the DJI Inspire 1 is flexible and the kind of model you can grow with over time.
Ever heard of dual-operator mode? The DJI Inspire 1 lets one person fly, and another person control the camera. I’ll tell you this: Once you fly with dual-operator mode, it’s hard to go back to flying solo. Operating sUAS with a talented crew member is really fun.
If you want to learn more about the Inspire 1, you can find a ton of info about it in this article: ” WHY YOU’D WANT TO GET AN INSPIRE 1 INSTEAD OF THE PHANTOM 3? “.
- 4K video recording
- 360-degree camera rotation
- Excellent operating range
- Very fast
- Superb carbon fiber build quality
- Separate flight and camera control possible with second remote
- Removable, upgradeable camera
- Vision Positioning System for indoor flight
- Includes carrying case
- Roughly 15-minute flight time per charge with standard battery
6.Yuneec Typhoon H
If you haven’t heard of Yuneec, you’re missing out on some high-quality aerial camera platforms that may very well be the perfect fit for your recreational (or business) needs.
The Typhoon H is equipped with six rotors, a 360-degree gimbal camera and retractable landing gear. Its six-rotor design gives the drone a lot of power, and allows it to stay aloft in the event of an engine or propeller loss.
The Typhoon H comes with stunning Ultra HD 4K video and stills and the Android-based ST16 controller, which has a large 7-inch integrated display and HD 720p first-person-view (FPV) downlink for incredibly clear real-time video reception.
- Six-rotor design.
- Freely rotating 4K video camera.
- Raw and JPG image capture.
- Retractable landing gear.
- Remote control with integrated display.
- Solid operating range.
- Intel RealSense obstacle avoidance.
- Supports dual-operator control.
- Flight limited to 19 minutes.
- Obstacle avoidance system only works at low speeds.
- Controller is large and unwieldy.
- Battery life indicator is confusing to read.
- Spotty automatic white balance. Expensive.
Choosing the right drone can be a daunting task for beginners and I advise that you get as much information as possible before you make your decision.
In my opinion, the best way to gather the information you need to choose the best drone for you is to ask a lot of questions. And, because of that, I welcome you to post any questions, comments, or concerns you have below so that either I, or another experienced flier, can help you make your decision.
Also, if you see any errors in this post with the technical specs, or if you have a difference of opinion on any of the drones listed here, or you feel a specific drone should be listed but isn’t, please let me know! I will continue to update this list on a regular basis so that the information is always relevant and up to date.